Department of Information Technology
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 1999 with the intake of 60. The department has spacious Class Rooms, air conditioned Seminar Hall, Department Library and well equipped Computer Laboratories.
The Vision of the department is
To become a Centre of Excellence in IT Education and Research and to create the platform for Industrial Consultancy.
To produce disciplined well-equipped students to meet any challenges of tomorrow expectations.
of the department are
To equip the engineering students to face tomorrow’s technology, embedded global changes.
To equip the students to face tomorrow's technology embedded global changes.
- To obtain a minimum of 80% pass in each semester.
- To enable a minimum of 50% of students to get placement.
- Planned to have at least two guest lecturers/seminars on current trends by experts from various industries and reputed institutions.
- To encourage the students to utilize the computer lab facilities (including internet browsing) by providing extra lab sessions.
- To encourage the faculty members to participate in Summer/Winter programs on their interested areas.
- To arrange at least ten campus interviews.
The department has laboratories which are equipped with latest systems.
8 Mbps 1:1 dedicated bandwidth from Aircel and 2Mbps leased line bandwidth from BSNL Sivakasi. Campus wide Wi-Fi enabled at 1 Mbps speed. All labs are connected through OFCs.
Mr. D.V.PRADEEP SANKAR
Professor & Head,
Dept. of Information Technology,
PSR Engineering College,
Sevalpatti, Sivakasi - 626 140,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 04562-239622